Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

0607 - 0822

 
Clearly these are not nearly as good as many I saw on Facebook. I don't know how to get good moon pictures with this camera. But I was awake, so I had to try.

0607

blood moon eclipse

0638

blood moon eclipse

And to counteract the rather sinister-looking natural phenomenon, the sunrise brought yellow light and glowing trees.

0822

sun on trees

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


6 comments:

Loritenor said...

Wow!! Well, we were both watching the same scene at the same exact time, but my photo looks like a blurred white smear on a black canvas! It was pretty amazing to watch though and worth getting up at 5am

vanilla said...

Well-done. Really. I was still asleep.

Ann said...

I got to see this yesterday morning. I was already at work before it started but when my manager got there he asked if I saw it so I peeked out the back door.

Secondary Roads said...

I only read about this yesterday--too late for viewing. Your pics are fine, and they allow me to enjoy the eclipse that I missed. Thanks!

Lin said...

Thanks for showing me what I missed. The only thing I saw at that hour was the back of my eyelids.

Sharkbytes said...

Loretta- I don't think these are very good pictures. I just have to learn how to do this better. Probably need manual settings.

vanilla- I woke up, so I decided to look.

Ann- I'm glad you got to see it.

Chuck and Lin- I'm actually glad I got to see this. It WAS different from others I've watched. The red color was awesome.