Entries to Win Afghan

Sign up to receive the Books Leaving Footprints Newsletter. Comes out occasionally. No spam. No list swapping. Just email me! jhyshark@gmail.com Previous gifts include a short story, a poem, and coupons. Add your name, and don't miss out!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

Stone House

 
This is not a house I was doing a survey on, but I drove past this on a back road. I had no idea there was any place like this nearby. I turned around and went back to get a picture. I won't complain if someday I am asked to take more pictures of this place. For now, I'm just glad someone is keeping it in good shape.

stone house

This really looks like it should be in the east, where houses were built with cut stone. More often, here, you see fieldstone. Built about 1890-1910, I'd guess.

if you like this blog, click the +1   or

Like This!


7 comments:

vanilla said...

Wow! Just wow!

Lin said...

Beautiful! I imagine that is tough to maintain.

Ann said...

Beautiful. I would love to see what the inside of that one looks like, it's pretty spectacular from the outside

Duxbury Ramblers said...

After living in stone and brick houses all my life I am always in awe of anyone that maintains a log or wooden home :)

Secondary Roads said...

Who would have thought you'd find a place like that around there? Built with lumber money?

Unknown said...

Lovely looking house. But there's a weird shape on the roof. It looks like a witches hat.

Anonymous said...

That's beautiful.